Celebrating their ninth year, the ITP Apprentice Awards will open for entries during National Apprenticeship Week (14th – 18th March 2016) -offering employers the chance to recognise talent within the telecoms industry.
Who are they open to?
They are open to all apprentice members of the ITP including those on the ITP’s own Apprenticeship Scheme, which was launched in 2013 in response to the demand for specific telecoms apprentices.
Did you know…
- The scheme has created more than 50 jobs in the telecoms industry since its launch.
- The scheme is unique in the fact that it helps organisations to recruit, train, mentor and support apprentices throughout their career journey.
- Works with SME employers, including Level 3 Communications, Green Telecom, Sematron and Horizon Telecom amongst others.
- Past apprentices have gone on to be nominated for national apprentice awards, Freemans Guild awards and have undertaken further training to degree level with the support of their employer.
What are the categories?
The ITP awards recognise those who have excelled as part of the Apprenticeship Scheme. Categories include:
- Apprentice of the Year in 4 categories: SME Apprentice of the Year, Intermediate, Advanced and Higher Apprentice of the Year, and The Christopher Mills Award.
- Other categories on the night include Mentor of the Year and The Chris Seymour Award for Women in Telecoms.
The prestigious ceremony will take place on the 7th December at The Radisson Blu Hotel, Portman Square.
SME Apprentice of the year 2015 winner James Tuck told us “My greatest achievement before winning the award was finding an apprenticeship in the industry I love with a brilliant company, surrounded by an excellent team of people who want to help me succeed. Winning the award is just the icing on the cake.”
How can you enter?
Apprentices can apply via the ITP site at https://www.theitp.org/itp_apprentices/apprentices/itp_awards.
Managers wishing to nominate an apprentice should contact firstname.lastname@example.org