The ITP’s apprenticeship scheme was launched in 2013 and has since created over 50 different jobs in the telecoms industry. We kickstart National Apprenticeship Week 2016 with an interview with the ITP’s very own apprentice, Joe Kimber.
Name: Joe Kimber
Job title: Executive Support
- How long have you been working as an apprentice?
I have been in my apprenticeship for 7 months.
- How did you find the role you are in?
- What are the benefits of being an apprentice?
Learning key skills whilst also achieving a qualification after the completion.
- What do you enjoy most about your job?
I enjoy having a flexible job specification, this allows me to work on several different projects so my knowledge and understanding will always be developing.
- What would you say to employers who may be considering apprenticeships?
I would recommend employing apprentices, as they are keen to learn and are enthusiastic workers.
- What advice would you give to others looking for apprenticeship schemes?
It is a great opportunity to gain a greater understanding of work. I would also recommend setting out a day each week to complete your units, as this will ensure that you will not fall behind in completing your qualification.
The ITP recruit apprentices, with input from employers, and also take care of administration and training – providing mentors and assessors throughout the apprentice’s journey. For more information about the scheme please see www.theitp.org/itp_apprentices