Name: Michael Lewsey
Job title: Telecommunications Network Apprentice
Company: TATA Communications
1. How long have you been working as an apprentice?
Since October 2015, so five months.
2. How do you find the role that you’re in?
3. What are the benefits of being an apprentice?
The real experience of working with colleagues and being in a working environment is great, as well as the things you learn from other experienced colleagues who always give advice when you face challenges.
4. What do you enjoy most about your job?
Working in a team to complete jobs and the variety of skills I have been picking up from other employees.
5. What would you say to employers who may be considering apprenticeships?
It’s worth it; young people are more willing and able to learn new skills than most people think.
6. What advice would you give to others looking for an apprenticeship scheme?
Make sure you research, and once you’ve found one you know you’ll enjoy, don’t hesitate to apply for it.
Find out more about the ITP apprenticeship scheme.