- Can you tell us about your role, and what it involves?
My role is an apprentice recruitment resourcer; this includes supporting the Apprenticeship Scheme Manager with reviewing CVs, conducting interviews, candidate management, general admin and attending recruitment days at client’s offices.
- What made you consider an apprenticeship over other routes to work?
I wanted to learn, but college and university weren’t for me, as I am more of a hands-on learner. Doing an apprenticeship has been a great way to learn and earn at the same time! It’s also is a great way to kick-start a long term career.
- What’s the best thing about your job?
There is something different happening every day, and what is asked of me varies. One day I am in the office conducting telephone interviews, and another day I might be on a completely different side of the country conducting assessment days or progress reviews.
4. What would you say to employers who may be considering hiring an apprentice?
I think hiring an apprentice is a great way to grow a business. Apprentices are willing to learn and you can mould them into working exactly how you would like them to work, as they have not got into any bad habits elsewhere.
- What would you say to other people who may be considering an apprenticeship to kick-start their career?
I would say do it! An apprenticeship for me was one of the best choices I have ever made, and what I am doing now suits me in every way possible, I couldn’t be happier.
- What’s your one piece of advice / top tip for potential apprentices?
Make sure you stay on top of any work given, it isn’t masses but if you don’t stay on top of it you will have to do lots all at once! A couple of hours a week is enough to stay on top of outstanding work.
Find out more about the ITP apprenticeship scheme at www.itpapprentices.org