As some of us are experiencing remote working for the first time, we thought it would be useful to pull together some of the top tips for being productive:
- Set yourself a routine: try and maintain regular hours, which include comfort and lunch breaks as you would if you were in the office. This will help structure your day but also ensure you stay productive.
- Keep in touch with your team: we know many businesses are using Slack or Zoom to communicate and this is essential for morale and to keep work flowing.
- Look for development and training opportunities: now with all of us having more time on our hands, many are using this as a good opportunity to undertake training or development. We have several online learning programmes which are free for members on our site.
- Set up a designated workspace: this will not only help set ground rules if you’re not the only person in the house / working from home but will draw a line between your work and home life.
- Set boundaries: it can be useful at the end of each day to pack up and clear your workspace so mentally you can separate work from home life.
- Get out: make sure you take the exercise every day that the government recommends. Not only will it help your physical health but will have a positive impact on your mental health.
- Talk: if you’re feeling overwhelmed or finding isolation difficult make sure you talk to a colleague or a friend. This are unprecedented times and it can be particularly difficult if you live alone and are now missing the face to face interaction with colleagues.
- Get dressed: this may sound ridiculous but getting dressed into ‘work clothes’ will focus your brain and motivate more than staying in your pyjamas!